For Strategic Decision-Making
Take an in-depth look at how airlines evaluate aircraft for their fleets. Embark on a three-day journey full of unique insights into the aircraft selection process.
2,000€ / Early bird* 1,600€
Early bird = registration received 60 days in advance of training
Airbus Leadership University, Toulouse
About the course
Find what it takes to have a perfect aviation decision-making skill with our comprehensive Aircraft Evaluation course. Designed for airline managers, manufacturer analysts, asset management professionals, and more, this program unveils the technical and economic criteria that drive aircraft selection.
You’ll gain a deep understanding of fleet planning, economic analysis, and investment valuation. Follow in the footsteps of a major European airline's evaluation process and master the intricate process of choosing the right aircraft for optimal performance and profitability.
Skills you'll gain
Gain a holistic understanding of airline fleet planning.
- In-depth insight into aircraft selection and acquisition processes.
- Techniques for analysing aircraft based on technical and economic criteria.
- Proficiency in organising fleet planning and the aircraft evaluation process.
- Application of economic analysis techniques through comprehensive business cases.
- Understanding key issues surrounding aircraft availability and financing.
All you need to know
- Airline managers involved in fleet planning and procurement, asset management, strategic planning, finance, and operations.
- Manufacturer analysts with customer interfaces, particularly those in sales and marketing.
- Asset management finance and contracts managers.
- Analysts and managers of aircraft leasing companies, banks, appraisal firms, and insurance companies.
There are no prerequisites for attending this course.
- Gain more insight into aircraft selection and acquisition processes.
- Examine the techniques and methods that are used by airlines to analyse aircraft.
- Learn how airlines organise fleet planning and the aircraft evaluation processes.
- Follow the example of a major European airline's evaluation process.
- Use economic analysis techniques through a comprehensive business case.
- Understand key issues facing airlines and manufacturers regarding aircraft availability and financing.
- Comprehend financial analysis: investment valuation, sensitivity analysis, and leasing vs. purchasing.
The course is three full days long, from 9am to 5pm each day.
- Get up to speed with both current and emerging industry trends.
- Lay the groundwork with basic aircraft evaluation principles.
- Dive deep into qualitative aircraft evaluation criteria.
- Witness an in-depth aircraft evaluation tailored for a major airline.
- Navigate the intricacies of aircraft selection, from direct operating cost breakdown to choosing the ideal cabin type.
- Tackle the risk vs. reward evaluation, with a focus on aircraft performance.
- Explore the impact of aircraft utilisation and productivity.
- Define Aircraft standardisation.
- Get hands-on with the analysis of investments in aircraft: cash-flow estimates, airlines' cost of capital, and measuring profitability with NPV and IRR.
- Distinguish between leasing vs. purchasing aircraft.
- Put theory into practice with business cases.
- Sessions available in English. Contact us to arrange sessions in other languages.
- Blend of theoretical content and practical exercises in traditional classrooms.
- Engage in practical activities through serious games and use-case studies.
- Benefit from an experienced trainer throughout the course.
- Continuous monitoring through practical activities.
The course will be held on the following dates:
- Date & location TBC
- The course fee is €2,000 for classroom training.
- Early bird price is €1,600 if you book 60 or more calendar days before the start of the course.
- All prices exclude VAT where applicable.
- Full payment must be received 4 weeks prior to the session unless training is funded by an OPCO (applicable to France only).
For any queries regarding this session or to arrange a private session, please contact our Customer Success team by email Customer_Success@beyond.airbus.com.
How to register for the course:
- Register online through the dedicated session webpage.
- Pre-registration must be received at least 7 working days before the start of the session.
- If the course requires a prerequisite, you will be required to take a test or participate in a telephone interview to validate your registration.
- You must give four weeks' written notice of cancellation to avoid a cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within two to four weeks of the start of the course, you will be charged a 50% cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within two weeks of the start of the course or do not show up for the course, you will not be refunded.
- Name changes are accepted at any time.
Airbus Beyond cancellation policy:
- Airbus Beyond reserves the right to cancel any course up to four weeks prior to course commencement.
- If Airbus Beyond cancels a course, you will be fully refunded.
- Airbus Beyond is not responsible for any other expenses incurred by course participants (i.e. airfare or hotel charges).
Airbus Beyond is committed to providing an accessible learning environment for everyone. We understand that people with disabilities may need different particular support in order to participate fully in our courses.
- We offer designated parking spaces for people with disabilities.
- We have ground floor classrooms and lifts in operation.
- We provide signage in multiple languages.
- We offer personal assistance to people with disabilities, if needed.
How to request accommodations
If you have a disability and need accommodations, please let us know during the registration process. We will work with you to make sure that you have everything you need to succeed in our course.
Here are some examples of accommodations that we can provide:
- Sign language interpreter
- Assistive listening device
- Large print materials
- Extended time for exams
- Individualised tutoring