Aircraft Operating Lease Market
Explore the dynamic world of aircraft operating leases. Discover how this financing tool benefits all stakeholders and master the various leasing models and financial structures.
Airbus Leadership University, Toulouse
12 - 14 December 2023
About the course
We’ll guide you through the intricacies of the aircraft operating lease market. From understanding its pivotal role in aircraft financing to negotiating lease agreements, you'll gain insights into the different lease and financial structures.
You'll learn from the perspectives of the aircraft manufacturer, the airline, and the leasing company. The objective is to provide you with a comprehensive overview of how the sector operates, the dynamics, economics, and essential skills to negotiate an aircraft operating lease successfully.
Skills you'll gain
Completing this course gives you a broad understanding of the leasing market, various business models, and key perspectives.
- Understand the role of operating leasing in the financing of civil aircraft.
- Analyse a range of leasing business models prevalent today.
- Gain insights from the perspectives of manufacturers, lessors, and airlines.
- Navigate lease negotiations from initiation to delivery.
- Master the strategic framework includes market trends like Sale and Lease Back (SLB), Japanese operating lease (JOLCO), and others.
All you need to know
- Sales, marketing, product support, finance, or contracts professionals working for aircraft and engine manufacturers.
- Professionals from supplier companies collaborating with manufacturers and lessors.
- Airline professionals in commercial and operational divisions, including finance departments.
- Managers from financial institutions involved in aircraft leasing.
- Personnel from aircraft technical and maintenance service centers.
There are no prerequisites for attending this course.
- Understand how operating leasing fits into the financing mix for civil aircraft.
- Learn about the variety of leasing business models in today's market.
- Explore the market from manufacturer, airline, and leasing company viewpoints.
- Negotiate an aircraft operating lease from signature to delivery and redelivery.
The course is three full days long, from 9am to 5pm each day, or five half days in a virtual classroom.
- Get an overview of the leasing markets and unravel the lessor business model.
- Understand the definitions, dynamics, and economics of aircraft operating leases.
- Gain strategic market perspectives from aircraft manufacturers, operating lessors, and airlines themselves.
- Discover the intricacies of leasing contract (LOI) term sheet and annex negotiation between lessor and operator.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends, including Sale and Lease Back (SLB), Japanese operating lease (JOLCO), ECA finance, and leasing.
- Learn how to protect the residual value of aircraft, diving into return conditions, provisions, and reserves.
- Sessions available in English. Contact us to arrange sessions in other languages.
- Blend of theoretical content and practical exercises in virtual or traditional classrooms.
- Engage in practical activities through serious games and use-case studies.
- Benefit from an experienced trainer throughout the course.
- Continuous monitoring through practical activities.
The course will be held on the following dates:
- 12-14 December 2023 - Airbus Leadership University, Toulouse
- The course fee is €1,950 for classroom training and €980 for virtual classroom training.
- Early bird price is €1,560 if you book 60 or more calendar days before the start of the course.
- All prices exclude VAT where applicable.
- Full payment must be received 4 weeks prior to the session unless training is funded by an OPCO (applicable to France only).
For any queries regarding this session or to arrange a private session, please contact our Customer Success team by email Customer_Success@beyond.airbus.com.
How to register for the course:
- Register online through the dedicated session webpage.
- Pre-registration must be received at least 7 working days before the start of the session.
- If the course requires a prerequisite, you will be required to take a test or participate in a telephone interview to validate your registration.
- You must give four weeks' written notice of cancellation to avoid a cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within two to four weeks of the start of the course, you will be charged a 50% cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within two weeks of the start of the course or do not show up for the course, you will not be refunded.
- Name changes are accepted at any time.
Airbus Beyond cancellation policy:
- Airbus Beyond reserves the right to cancel any course up to four weeks prior to course commencement.
- If Airbus Beyond cancels a course, you will be fully refunded.
- Airbus Beyond is not responsible for any other expenses incurred by course participants (i.e. airfare or hotel charges).
Airbus Beyond is committed to providing an accessible learning environment for everyone. We understand that people with disabilities may need different particular support in order to participate fully in our courses.
- We offer designated parking spaces for people with disabilities.
- We have ground floor classrooms and lifts in operation.
- We provide signage in multiple languages.
- We offer personal assistance to people with disabilities, if needed.
How to request accommodations
If you have a disability and need accommodations, please let us know during the registration process. We will work with you to make sure that you have everything you need to succeed in our course.
Here are some examples of accommodations that we can provide:
- Sign language interpreter
- Assistive listening device
- Large print materials
- Extended time for exams
- Individualised tutoring